Saturday, December 29, 2012

StuG IVs to the front!

 
Well I finally finished my StuG IV platoon that had been languishing for a while.  I made these for a somewhat generic 17 SS Panzergrenadier Division force so I could use Fearless Trained Germans to contest the always difficult Fearless Veteran US Paratroopers my son likes to throw at me.  So, I now have 1020 points of SS panzergrenadiers to fight for Carenten, at least until he gets his German Falschrimjagers painted.  That might be a while. 
  
A full platoon of StuG IVs is worth 435 points.  I did these in the standard German  LW camouflage and added the foliage to make it harder for the jabos to find them.  These are all BattleFront models.   
 
A rear shot.
None of the pictures I found of 17 SS Panzergrenadier Division StuGs showed them with either schurzen or any German crosses or large numbers on the sides.  On the other hand my forces are pretty generic and LW screams for sideskirts on German AFVs.  Plus the numbers in red look pretty neat. 
The zug commander peers over the hatch looking for the enemy. 
I glued on the foliage using a hot glue gun which worked out pretty well.  We'll see how long it sticks. 
 
A top view.
 
And the front.
 
A combined arms kampfegruppen.
  
Elements of the 17 SS Panzergrenadier Division move up through a French village.
The Heavy platoon is about 33% done.  All told I want to paint this and another panzergrenadier platoon which should give me ~ 1500 points.  More than enough to hold the line.

No comments: